Tuesday, June 10, 2014

It's That Time Again.

Lindsay here, I had my baby on April 7th, 2014.  The closest weigh in I remember was maybe a week before going in for the c-section and I weighed 220.  That is a hard number to admit but we like things open honest here.
I think it was 3 weeks after the birth that I had the courage to accept the number on the scale and it came up with (I don't remember the exact number but it was about) 190.  This is what happened last time when I had Betty. (again, a hard number to spill)
Allen is now 2 months and I am somewhat pleased to report that I am STILL 190.  I had a hard time when I first came home and for about the first month with eating sugar and I blame that mostly on the hospital keeping me on the liquid diet that consisted of broth (which I didn't drink because it was gross sodium free.... which by the way I CAN have salt here folks) frozen juice, ice, water, and juice... Sugar and water for almost 3 days conditioned me to just want sugar and I turned to Twizzlers.  So rubbery, chewy, and strawberry-y I couldn't stop.  After putting kids to sleep that is what I wanted as a reward.
Anyway, I had to put a stop to it.  I stopped buying them. COLD TURKEY. Then I started eliminating snacky foods and tried to slow down the eating train. cause it was getting outta control up in here.
Last week I started a SOFT weight watchers like diet.  I found out how many points I get and tried to be mindful of exactly how many points I was eating... which was a lot more than needed.  I went over points everyday.  This week is a little harder. I am being more strict with myself and making trades for things and limiting myself within reason.
I give myself 28 points everyday.  That is a little more than I should get if not nursing but I am nursing. I do not give myself full nursing points because I do want to lose weight.  But rest assured, if I am starving, I do eat because no one wants a hungry momma bear. Things get tense when I am too hungry.

B: cold cereal (6)
L: Dry ham and cheese sandwich (6)
D: Ice cream and pudding (8)
D: LO zucchini beef skillet (6)
S: PB&J and chips (8)
Total: 33, yes I went over and no I didn't need that much of a snack... noted for next time.

Working Out
The day after I got the workout ok (almost 6 weeks post baby), I went for a slow canter.  not called a run or jog because I am sure I could have walked faster BUT I was using running muscles so I call it a canter.  The next time I went, I got pain on my scar so I had to walk and that was discouraging.  I am 3 weeks into the C25K program (though it has taken me 4 weeks so far) and I am feeling great.  I didn't think that I could run for 3 minutes yesterday but I tried and I did it.
We got a cheap treadmill secondhand because, lets face it, East Texas is HOT and HUMID and I cant make it out everytime before it gets too uncomfortable.  I have noticed however that I "canter" much slower on it than when I am on the streets pounding it out.
I feel accomplishment when I run.  Running releases stress.  Running is quiet (when not pushing a stroller).  I can think.  It is a good break from 2 demanding little people.  I was to run all the time!

2 comments:

  1. It totally sounds like your doing great things. You will get there and you are such a gat example to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you ! Keep going because it works and you feel so much better emotionally as well as physically!

    ReplyDelete